Sender:
From:
"Ryan G. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1991 18:28:05 -0500
	I have been listening to the many suggestions of reunification of
HE and ECAC, along with upgrading teams' non-league schedules, and I believe
that something different may happen.  Since there are a few non-division I
and Division I independents, who will be soon seeking to enter, or entering
(Norte Dame, Kent,) the current Division I leagues, I think that in the next
few years a realignment may take place.  It is my beleif that that realignment
will be to break up current leagues into SMALLER divisions.  This would allow
teams to still be able to play 4 games against EVERY league opponent, which
HE, WCHA & CCHA seem to prefer, and allow for more considerable non-league
games.  If the Alaska teams and Mankato State wish to, and are allowed to,
enter the WCHA, then they would almost have to split in two.  Personally,
I feel that 2 games is enough against each team in your division, and if all
leagues were to adopt this policy, more non-league games could be played, but
I doubt this will happen.  I would not be suprised if by 2000 there are 6, 7
or even 8 leagues in College Hockey, some of which may have combined playoffs.

	I would like to see the eastern teams reunify, but it is my opinion
that they won't.  As for this CLARKSON ISSUE, I think they are the 2nd best
team in the country (to date,) although clearly there are others who would
disagree with me.

-Ryan Stone
 Lawrence University (Appleton, WI) '93
 Rensselaer '93

RYAN G. STONE                          Hoping for an R.P.I - MAINE
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute       Championship Game, April 4
e-mail: [log in to unmask]                See You in ALBANY!!!!