Sender:
From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1991 08:31:28 -0700
> Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1991 17:54:50 EST
> From: ADJD000 <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: College Hockey National Leaders
> To: Multiple recipients of list HOCKEY-L <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Here are some national Division I leaders thru games of Nov. 24.
>
> GOALS: Rice, Air Force, 15
> GOALS PER GAME: Rice, Aire Force, 1.50
> SHORTHANDED GOALS: Rice, Air Force, 4
>
>          Justin Doherty, Northern Michigan

Thanks for the info, justin.  Just to keep the record absolutely straight,
Eric Rice, leader in goals, goals per game, and shorthanded goals, did
much of his scoring in air force's 6 games against division III competition.
12 of his goals and 3 of his shorthanded goals came in those 6 games.  This is
not to diminish Eric's abilities.  He shows outstanding talent, and is one of
the hardest working players i've ever seen.  I'm certain mike machnik will
describe his talents after the Air Force Merrimak series in December.

some people seem to not want to include games against Division III competition
in their statistics, so to be fair to them, eric is not the leader if one
counts only division I games.

charlie shub  [log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
  or even         (719) 593-3492