Sender:
From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1991 16:08:36 EST
I like to see the information in these as much as the next person, but I
don't at all feel comfortable about quoting entire articles without
permission.  How do you feel about this?  Please reply directly to me
and I'll summarize any important results.  By all means, give your local
paper a call and ask how they feel about it.

Quoting entire articles probably infringes on copyrights of the paper.
It is probably not in copyright violation to extract brief quotes from
or summarize an article.

As we as a group grow in numbers and reputation, I think we should be
aware of such potential problems.  (425+ membership and growing).

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
internet:     [log in to unmask]