Sender:
From:
George Taber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1991 15:27:03 EST
From here, the answer is YES.  I also am of the opinion that Cornell should
leave the Ivy League as well, so as to be able to offer scholarships and to
be able to escape some of the overly restrictive and somewhat Polyanna-ish
Ivy rules.  If a proper job is done with marketing, the new league (how 'bout
the ICHL--International Collegiate Hockey League) could distribute its own
money for scholarships, operating and travel expenses, medical costs, etc.
Too bad I'll be out-of-town for ten days or so; this is the start of a good
discussion...  Take care, all, and have a happy Thanksgiving.
George Taber.