Sender:
From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1991 14:21:11 CST
I just know how it goes with Gophers' games.  Finding the Gophers on TV can
be a bit of a challenge, since they are covered by a local independent
(KITN Channel 29) in addition to Prime Sports Network (PSN) and Midwest
SportsChannel (MSC).

I guess this means that, in addition to Denver games, some Minnesota games
should be available on Prime.  Also, in today's Star-Tribune Minneapolis
City Council Member Walt Dziedzic (father of Gopher forward Joe) says that
he was able to see a recent Gopher game while in San Diego (presumably
on SportsChannel), although MSC is not available in the city of Minneapolis
at this time.  (The point of the article is a move to get MSC programming
carried on the Minneapolis Television Network's access channels.)

Personally, I enjoy having the games on Channel 29 because I like the
announcers, Frank & Wally, but hopefully the coverage on the cable outlets
gives the team and the sport a little more visibility.

Pam
Go Gophers!!!