Sender:
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 1991 14:06:51 -0500
 Melanie writes:
 >Just wanted to let anyone who cares know that we are 'importing' referee Buzz
 >Christiansen for this weekend series. There has been concern in the past of
 >'home' state referees, and AD Ron Petro wants there to be less  games by local
 >referees. He is hoping to have guest refs in all but about two or three series

 I have a few things to say about this.

 1.  Maybe you could keep Buzz for the rest of the season up there?? please?
 2.  Your AD is going to regret 'importing' this ref, he's the WORST in our
     league.
 3.  I would take a 'home-town' ref OVER Buzz ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!!

 If you think I'm kidding...just wait till the series is over, then we can
 talk.

 Minnesota notes:

 Chris McAlpine will not make the trip as he has a test on Friday.  The team
 left this morning at 6:30 AM and will arrive in Alaska at 5:00 PM CST.

 The WCHA announced that the University of Calgary will replace a
 Czechoslovakian Elite League team as the Gopher's opponent for a game on Dec.
 30th at Mariucci Arena.  The Czech team could not make the trip because of a
 scheduling conflict. Calgary will also replace the Czech team for games
 scheduled at Michigan Tech, North Dakota, Minnesota-Duluth, and Wisconsin.

 I have checked my scoreboard for last Friday's win over Wisconsin and Trent
 Klatt got three points for his hat trick and that's it. Maybe someone in
 Madison could call the league office and see how they do pick the Player of
 the Week.

 Carol
 U of M
 GO Gophers!!!