Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 12:13:03 -0500
Comments:
To: "Sr." <[log in to unmask]>
At 08:22 PM 2/4/96 EST, Sr. wrote:
>In a moment of comic relief at the 2/3/96 Maine at Merrimack game, the
>Boston College banner fell from the arena rafters, stopping play, and
>causing a huge ovation from both Merrimack and Maine fans.  I can't
>confirm this, but I think a flying puck dislodged the banner.  (I'm
>sure someone who was there can confirm/correct this fact.  I only
>saw it on TV.)  My friend and I, who were watching the game on NESN,
>got a good laugh out of it.

UMaine forward Scott Parmentier roofed the puck bringing down the Boston
College banner, which was certainly ironic after BC trounced Maine the night
before 6-2.
Deron Treadwell                          e-mail: [log in to unmask]
UMaine Hockey on the web:  http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/mehockey.html