Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 21:36:51 -0500
Comments:
To: "Dr Martin G. Keeney" <[log in to unmask]>
At 09:24 PM 2/4/96 -0500, Dr Martin G. Keeney wrote:

>To the best of my knowledge, from info that became available last fall,
>the HE tournament is a single game getting from 8 teams to 4.
>
>       I would really like to have confirmation of this
>       now that the question has been raised.

(quoted from the 1995-6 HOCKEY EAST Media Guide)

HOCKEY EAST quarterfinal action in 1996 will be a double-elimination format
with the four higher ranking teams hosting the four lower ranking teams.

The quarterfinals will be played from Thursday March 7 through Sunday March
10, with the possibility of both afternoon and evening games on Sunday
depending on location and travel.

Teams will be reseeded after the quarterfinals and the four winners advance
to the HOCKEY EAST championships at the FleetCenter in Boston on the weekend
of March 15-16.
Deron Treadwell                          e-mail: [log in to unmask]
UMaine Hockey on the web:  http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/mehockey.html