Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1991 20:15:47 GMT
When the NCAA decides to take actions that are in the best interest of the
"hockey community", then the "hockey community" can start worrying about
being responsible as far as the NCAA's other sports go.  Until then, the
NCAA can get lost.

As far as I am concerned, the hockey-playing schools in the United States
would be better off if they would unite and unanimously withdraw their
hockey teams from the NCAA, and run the sport by themselves.  I would not be
surprised to see a movement for this gain steam after January, when the
NCAA is expected to stick it to ice hockey once again; I've already heard
talk of the idea.

Why they don't rename it the NCFBA (National Collegiate Football and Basket-
ball Association) is beyond me.

In fact, in protest of how the NCAA has treated ice hockey recently, I am
going to now refuse to ever use the term NCAA in my postings again.

- mike

p.s. interesting how the you-know-what is threatening to sue its own schools.
  Yeah, I call that looking out for the welfare of its own institutions.