Sender:
From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1991 13:26:02 CST
> } The CCHA is the only conference that has set up a dedicated machine
> } from which Keith Instone downloads the weekly releases and other
> } information.
> }

> Is there any way others from other conferences can get ahold of the PR
> offices and say "Look how easily the CCHA sends out it PR"
>
>   . . . in other words, welcome to the 1990's!!!

I mentioned it to the list at the time, but here goes again. About a
month ago I talked with the WCHA office about this. They have heard
about this mailing list, and know about the idea of a bulletin board
for the stats, but have made no progress on doing it (and are not
doing anything now to persue it). The way it will happen is for
	a) people already involved with the WCHA (Coaches, ADs, SIDs)
	   to push for it
		and
	b) someone to tell them how to do it

a) has already been addressed in the WCHA by Jack McDonald of Denver,
and I assume by Michigan Tech's SID (Dave Fischer?) who are both on the
list. I also assume they will keep asking the WCHA office to do
something... but I also understand that most of us would rather they
put more effort into higher priority tasks (officiating?) first....

I assume that the best way to do b) would be to copy the CCHA's
system.  Perhaps when (if?) the WCHA gets to that stage, whoever is
doing the technical work could get some advice from Keith and others
who are familiar with the CCHA system.

Until then, when I have time and energy, I will type in interesting
parts of the WCHA press release. I am also trying to get the Wisconsin
hockey SID on the list (technical problems, not attitude problems --
but I am kinda busy with school right now...)

	--david