Sender:
From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1991 11:30:41 -0500
Just got this, hot off the phone wires. So hot, in fact, that the
wire services aren't releasing it until noon (it's 11:38 now).

Yes, I would call it sizzlin' news...

Keith [log in to unmask]

FOR RELEASE MONDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 1991 at 12:00 noon
Contact:  Jeff Weiss, CCHA Director of Communications

            NOTRE DAME'S APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP APPROVED BY CCHA

ANN ARBOR--The University of Notre Dame's application for membership has been
approved by Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA) athletic directors.

Notre Dame will join Kent State University as new CCHA members beginning with
the 1992-93 season.  The two additions will bring the CCHA membership to 11
teams which already includes Bowling Green State University, Ferris State
University, University of Illinois at Chicago, Lake Superior State University,
Miami University, University of Michigan, Michigan State University, The Ohio
State University and Western Michigan University.

CCHA Commissioner Bill Beagan stated, "Notre Dame's acceptance into the CCHA
is the culmination of a seven year ongoing undertaking involving discussions
with Notre Dame athletic department officials.  We are delighted to have Notre
Dame in the CCHA fold," added Beagan.

University of Notre Dame athletic director Dick Rosenthal said the decision to
apply for membership was one reviewed in great depth by the administration of
the University.  "We consider the CCHA to be one of the great hockey leagues
in the country and we believe it to be a genuine privilege to join in
membership with the other marvelous institutions of the CCHA," added
Rosenthal.

                                   -CCHA/PR -