Sender:
From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1991 11:00:42 EST
Now on this topic of being ranked in the polls.  I whole heartedly agree
that it is way too early in the season for any poll (except TCHCR) to
mean anything.  I really don't look at polls until January, most teams
have finished half of their schedule by then.

As for Minnesota being dropped from the polls: Gopher fans, think of it
this way, it should give the team some added incentive.  If they play
better and win, they'll probably move back up and prove how wrong the
polls were.  I noticed that Clarkson took a nose dive this week, from 2
to 5 and 6.  I'm actually happy about this.  It'll keep the team from
getting too high on themselves and expecting to win every game without
too much effort.  I remember what happened to BU last year; number one
in the nation, lost a couple of games, came back on form later in the
season and won the HE title and was in the NCAA final game.  I wouldn't
mind that happening.

I've got a bike frame that I seriously crashed if anyone wants that for
an award. :-)

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '91,...