Sender:
From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1991 23:10:01 EST
Comments:
MTU overcame a 2 goal deficit in Madison to send the Game into Overtime
 with 2:52 left Liam Garvey got a questionable (from the radio anyway)
 cross checking call. MTU coach Brown drew a bench minor also, resulting in
 5-3 power play.  Seconds later wisc received a holding call to make it
  4-3.  and Wisconsin scored at     on a goal by Zent (sp?) to win it.
 The huskies lost the game but again played well against a quality opponent

 Once again in the WCHA the debate rages on after a hockey game about the
   officiating.  I can't say either way I'm not at the game, nor did I hear
   it all, so some of you Wisconsin fans at the game give us your impression
   of the penalities called in OT.  Tech was whistled for 16 penalities and
   Wisconsin 12.  Seargent made 35 saves for Tech while Dierkson had 28

  In post game comments Brown said all he did was wave a towel to receive
     the Bench minor after the Garvey penality in OT and for the ref to put
     them at a 5-3 disadvantage in OT was a disgrace.

 Sorry I don't have any details other than the end of the game, I just returned
 from Northern Michigan University where our local High School team opened the
 state football playoffs with a 30-0 victory in Northern's New domed stadium.
 And only caught the end of the game.  If Northern could find a way to fund
 putting an Ice rink in that place they would have one heck of an all round
 facility

|   Bob Gilreath                            [log in to unmask]       |
|   Telecommunications Engineer             [log in to unmask]                |
|   Computing Technology Services           Phone: work 906-487-2110    |
|   Michigan Technological University              Home 906-296-0989    |
|   Houghton, Michigan  49931               Fax:        906-487-2787    |