Sender:
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1991 16:37:21 EST
Here are the newest Top 10 polls from WMPL Radio (Hancock, Mich.) and
Albany Times Union.

WMPL RADIO (HANCOCK)
1. Maine (9)               99
2. Clarkson                76
3. Lake Superior State     69
4. North Dakota (1)        64
5. Minnesota               58
6. Michigan                50
7. Boston University       34
8. Wisconsin               28
9. Vermont                 20
10. Northern Michigan      19

ALBANY TIMES UNION
1. Maine (19)              235
2. Clarkson (3)            209
   Lake Superior State (3) 209
4. Michigan                173
5. Minnesota               129
6. Boston University       122
7. North Dakota             92
8. Northern Michigan        52
9. Wisconsin                36
10. New Hampshire           33

We (Northern Michigan) have a major test on our hands this weekend
with Lake Superior State.  We host them here in Marquette on Thursday
night, before heading to the Soo on Saturday.  Scott Beattie and Jim
Hiller are the Wildcats' co-scoring leaders with 16 points apiece in
six games.  Goaltending has been solid, especially freshman Corwin
Saurdiff of Warroad, Minn.  He has a 2-1 record, 2.14 GAA and .928
saves percentage.

The winner of this weekend's Northern Michigan-Lake Superior State
series will be awarded the Father Cappo Cup, donated by Father Louis
Cappo, a Marquette priest who is a season-ticket holder at Northern
Michigan, Lake Superior State and Michigan Tech!

It's interesting that we won the WCHA last season with just three
losses (25-3-4) and now the league's co-leaders, Wisconsin and
Minnesota, already have two losses apiece.

Let's go 'Cats!!