Sender:
From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 18:28:02 -0700
Well gang, may as well add to the confusion:  out here on the west coast,
we have two schools competing against one another:  one is Cal Poly and
the other is Cal Poly.  In fact, they used to be financially related, but
are now simply campi in the vast CSU system.  The Mustangs of Cal Poly
State University occasionally play against the Broncos of Cal State Poly
University.  The former is here in San Luis Obispo where you cannot see
the air, and the latter is in Pomona where the air is nice and brown.
Needless to say, confusion reigns most always.  I see the UMass and other
problems as miniscule compared to this one.  The only time you see one
name is when they cooperate on the Rose Float every New Year's day, and
are billed as "Cal Poly UniveritIES"!!!  From an outsider view, I would
just as soon have UMass and UMass-Lowell be the way to go.  I think the
bottom line is how best to distinguish and agree with Wayne that the
schools should decide and HE just follow suit!

BTW, this would follow the trend in Washington about decreasing
governmental regulations, no :-)

Tony Buffa
RPI '64