Sender:
From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 1991 13:08:10 CST
> There is apparently a new NCAA and/or ECAC rule requiring everyone in
> attendance (including the bands) to have a ticket.

I have no information about NCAA or ECAC rules on this.. or how the UW
band handles it. However, I know that in many areas the FIRE CODE
requires that every person in an auditorium, arena, etc either be an
employee (signed in on a roster) or have a ticket. In some cases this
is handled by giving the employees (numbered) staff tickets/passes.
This is important in counting bodies to determine compliance with the
maximum safe occupancy limit, and if a tragedy should occur, in
determining how many people are missing.

	--david