Sender:
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1991 23:54:51 EDT
  Michigan State - 5  Univ of Michigan 3

It was 1-0 MSU at the end of the first period; 3-0 with about a minute to
go in the second when Mich got two quickies (14 seconds I think) from
Felsner for 3-2 at the end of two; then in the third it went 4-2, 4-3
and 5-3 for the final. Relatively penalty free the first and most of the sed
 second as I remember (wait'll the box score shows how wrong I am) then
the third period loaded with 5 on 4, 4 on 4, 5 on 3.

 I think, however that we may have awakened a sleeping giant; Michigan
didn't look bad, but didn't show a lot of enthusiasm to me except for their
burst at the end of the second period, but this may have been just what they
needed to get going.  Watch out for tomorrow night.

Also, you may get a more informed report from my colleagues (well they won't
claim that relationship, but I don't know what else to call them [politely,
that is]).  I just go to watch; by Sunday I'll read about it in the paper
and not even remember who won.

For those who've seen him wo, Steve Piotrowski was the referee.

Gilmore in Goal for MSU, Gordon for Michigan.  Enufs enuf - get the real
story from next week's summaries.