Sender:
From:
"[log in to unmask]\" \"Nathaniel C. Malen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 1995 11:06:05 -0600
As it was briefly supported in previous messages, why not expand college
hockey.  The NHL has teams all across the United States and even into Canada.
Who is to say that UCLA, USC, and other California teams could not have D1
hockey teams?  Heck, the LA Kings can hold their own and have a large market.
Any team, whether it be a big sport of little, will have success in the big
city.
        Another situation is in Dallas.  The former Minnesota North Stars are
attracting a fairly large market to that area.  Why doesn't Texas, Texas A&M,
or other schools form college hockey?
        Well, I think you catch my drift.  I know this probably does not sound
like a logical idea to all the warm sections of the U.S, but college hockey
*needs* to find a way to expand, and by drawing off of NHL markets, maybe it
could happen.
        Can anyone respond to this?  Has this ever been an issue before?

Nat Malen
UW- Eau Claire
it is snowing today (late April)