Sender:
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 16:15:18 EDT
Ryan G Stone <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

[snip]

Unfortunately, that pair was SO inconsistent throughout the game that if
they had continued to call RANDOM penalties in overtime, one team would
have been upset.  Nevertheless the POINT is, there were clearly not called
infractions in overtime that both officials would have called in any of
the first 3 periods (except maybe late in the 3rd) which were not called.

This is what kills me the most about hockey.  Inconsistency.  I don't care
if you're going to call a game tight or let most everything go, but CALL
THE SAME GAME FOR THREE PERIODS AND OVERTIME.  I've never been able to
figure out why what was called a penalty in the first period is let go in
overtime.  Different refs have different styles I know, but these styles
shouldn't fluctuate during a game.

  - Steve