Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 1991 15:06:01 GMT
Providence 6, at Merrimack 4.  A solid tuneup for both teams.  Friars showed
  why they are #5.  Warriors gave notice they will be tough to beat if they
  can get over the "play good in the 1st & 3rd/awful in the 2nd" routine.

Team USA 10, at BC 1.  BC was outshot 65-18.  No big surprise here.  I'd be
  inclined to say the close USA-BU game and this blowout show the difference
  between BC & BU right now, but then again Canada had a close game on the
  board with BC (7-4) and beat Maine by 6.

Got lots of stuff to send out to everyone, including highlights of the above
games, USA stats & scores, Can-BC box, USA-BU notes, and more.  Hope you'll
all bear with me as I was too busy yesterday to write up the stuff I promised,
but you will see it within a day or two.  With the HE preseason luncheon
coming up Wednesday and the season starting this weekend, the next week will
be a busy one as well.

Those with access to NESN, just a reminder that NESN opens its 1991-92 college
hockey coverage this weekend with two games.  Friday it's Vermont at
Providence, and Saturday RPI is at BU; both games start at 7 pm Eastern.
College Hockey USA follows the UVM-PC game Friday around 9:30, and in New
England, SportsChannel has taped coverage of Michigan-MSU at 11 pm Eastern.
If you're lucky, you can catch 3 games, 6 teams this weekend, including three
teams in the preseason top 10.

- mike