Sender:
From:
John Deetjen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 1995 13:09:11 EDT
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
As a Maine fan, I was disappointed to see BU beat Maine for the national
championship. But I think something good should come out of this. We should
remember that BU had a tremedous hockey team. Coach Walsh even said so
afterward. He also said he hopes to see an end to a lot of the hatred in the
BU-Maine rivalry, because both programs respect each other, and he feels the
fans in both Boston and Orono should too. I agree with Coach Walsh. We've
had an excellent season; one which by far exceeded expectations. Now we know
we're ready to take it one step further. One of the things no one could
question about this team was the desire the players showed. The heart is the
thing which pushes the arms and legs of a player, and the Maine Black Bears
showed plenty of it this season. I think this is the one sole reason why Coach
Walsh didn't get upset during the game. He was pleased with the season. Sure,
no one likes to lose to their biggest rival, but credit should be given where
credit is due. This year's Final Four was one of the best in years, providing
us with some of the top talent in college hockey. BU had the type of team
that deserves to win the title. Plus, in this game, both teams seemed to show
respect for each other. I think the fans of both schools should start to show
that same respect.
So, I am willing to show that respect for BU, in congratulatiing them on a fine
season. They had a fine hockey team, which showed a lot of class in the NCAA
tourney this year. I'm also not going to say "BU SUCKS!", or "SUCKS TO BU".
I invite other fans at both schools to show respect for one another, and to
remember one of the most satisfying years in the histories of both Maine's and
Boston University's hockey programs. I'm proud of the Black Bears for their
accomplishments this year, and I was proud to be at the welcoming reception
last night when they returned. Here's to next year. Hopefully full os great
memories like the last.
Later everyone,
John
GO BLACK BEARS!!!
THANKS FOR A GREAT AND MEMORABLE SEASON!!!
1995 NATIONAL RUNNERS-UP!