Sender:
From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 1995 07:00:24 -0600
On Sat, 1 Apr 1995, Ernest Kim wrote:

> Congrats to BU on playing and excellent game!  I am psyched to see the
> finally win it.  Everything was working great for them.  Not to make
> excuses or diminish the win, but I can't help wondering how much Maine
> was hurt by the triple overtime game on Thurs.  Although they did get
> those extra hours of rest since BU played the later game.  :)

I was glad to see BU win decisively because I did not want to see people
carping about refs etc.  BU clearly outplayed Maine in this game.  I
think Bob Norton also mentioned the fact that Maine was coming off a
triple overtime game.  Both teams, however had to play a semifinal game.
If Maine had been able to finish off Michigan in regulation they would
have been less "tired" and ESPN would have had less grief :-)  The issue
of fatigue in the final was valid when one was played on Friday giving an
unfair advantage to the team with a day's rest.  Although I would agree
that Michigan is a tougher opponent than Minnesota BU earned the #1 seed
which created that situation.  This year the tournament did determine the
better team.  Maine had a fine season and can hold their heads high.

Arthur Berman  [log in to unmask]
GO BU, NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!