Sender:
From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 1995 21:14:13 -0700
I wonder why seven hours after the game ended there is virtually no
discussion of BU's great win over Maine.  I don't like to post game
summaries based on TV viewing, but my ESPN limited view saw BU play a
near perfect game, scoring some nice goals (Shawn Bates with a lovely
pass again) and playing good defence to keep Maine off their game.

My lovely wife Andrea and I replayed our misspent youth by going out for
ice cream after watching the game tape (I had to work today.)  If I only
went for ice cream after BU championships my doctor wouldn't be on my
case to cut down on cholesterol :-)

I hate to whine or make this ESPN-L but why did they cut away to cover a
tape of last year's Rangers team rather than the trophy presentations
when clearly they had allowed three hours for the game in their
broadcast schedule.  Not only that, but there was no interviewer
downstairs to go onto the ice.  Even in regular season games NESN does this.

BU finally peaked at the right time.  They seemed determined to complete
their task and reach their goal, and did so with efficiency.  I am proud
of them, and of the other teams in the last four who all displayed class
in victory and defeat.  College hockey was a good show this year, too bad
more people didn't get to see it.

Pleasant dreams of scarlet and white,

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU, NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!