Sender:
From:
Tim Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 1995 11:10:41 -0500
I agree completely that by not calling penalties the refs can
impact play. I disagree with the notion that they are doing the players,
fans, or the game a favor by not calling them altogether.

However, had they committed the cardinal sin of calling a penalty one way
and then not the other, not only would they have *potentially* impacted on
the outcome of the game, they may not have gotten out of the arena in one
piece.

I've been a fan of college hockey for a long time. I do not profess to be
an expert, but the Maine-Michigan game had to have been one of the most
exciting contests of all time. I only wish there were more college hockey
fans at E$PN.