Sender:
From:
David DeWayne Bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 1995 13:04:37 -0500
  I need some help and I'm counting on my fellow hockey-L members for
that help.  I called the Fabulous Sports Babe on ESPN radio today to talk
about college hockey and the Hobey Baker award.  The Babe wasn't there
today and Chuck Wilson was her substitute.  I got through to the screener
and told him I wanted to talk about college hockey and he said " No, no,
no.  I don't think so."  I asked why and he said " Well, we're not doing
college hockey today."  So asked when they would talk about it as the
semi-finals start tomorrow and the final game is on Saturday and this guy
said "  Well, we're not big on college hockey so I won't put you
through."  My reaction was just Wow and he hung up.

  With ESPN showing the Michigan-Maine game tomorrow and the championship
game on Saturday, wouldn't you think that ESPN radio would be open to
that topic?  I don't see how this guy could say that " We're not big on
college hockey here."  That is one of the things that holds hockey back
from being at the same interest level as baseball, football, and
basketball.  I'm really upset that they would refuse to put me through on
a SPORTS talk show because I wanted to talk about college hockey!!

  I plan on calling back tomorrow and trying again but I need you people
reading this to help out and call the show today and tomorrow to voice
any displeasure you might have about what I just told you.  It is a toll
free number and it will just take a few minutes of your time so please
help out.  The number is 1-800-SAY-BABE(1-800-729-2223).  Thank you to
those of you who call and please post results and comments about what I
have told you.  PLEASE call in and show them your support for college hockey.

Holzinger for Hobey Baker!!

                                                             Alex Bricker