Sender:
From:
"foster sarah ( mps posi)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 11:09:16 -0500
On Mon, 27 Mar 1995, Bill Fenwick wrote:

> Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >Another question.  RPI's Jon Pirrong was given a game misconduct
> >(seemed excessive to me, but that isn't the question).  Does he have
> >to sit out RPI's first game next season?
>
> No, and he would not have had to sit out RPI's next game this season had there
> been one.  A game _misconduct_ means that the player sits out the rest of
> that game only.  A game _disqualification_ means that the player sits out
> the next game (or more, if he's had previous DQs in the same season).  And
> as Kurt has already explained, these don't carry over to the next season.
> --
> Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
>               strictly those of:
>
> Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
> Cornell '86 and '94.5               |  [log in to unmask]
> LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
> "One night a week is not a network, it's a marriage."
> -- Jim Mullen, _Entertainment Weekly_, on the new television networks

I have a question that maybe some of you out there can help me with.
I have read these reports regarding player game misconducts and game
disqualifications.  The post leads me to a question regarding coaches.
The time period in question is the NCAA
Quarter Final game between Maine and I believe Wisconsin of the '89-'90
season.  Jim Montgomery was called for spearing during the game.  Shawn
Walsh was more than a little irrate because he did not feel the call was
a correct one.  I believe that after the game he publically criticized
the officials call. (I am not positive on what exactly happened)   As a
result, Coach Walsh was suspended for one game and was forced to sit out of
Maine's first NCAA tourney game of 90-91.  (or if Maine had not made it
then, whenever Maine made it to the NCAA's again).

Does anyone remember this? I assume the rules regarding the carry over of
suspension with respect to player and coaches are two different things.
Does anyone know what the rule books says?
I was just curious.
sarah.