Sender:
From:
Doug Garn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 1995 23:12:21 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Name is Doug Garn and I live in Sault Ste Marie, MI, home of the
Lake Superior State Lakers.  I'm a self-confessed hockey fan (wife
and kids say hockey nut).

The game with BU got over about 15 minutes ago.  I've got to hand it
to BU, they played a awesome game.  They outplayed us in every respect.
I'm sure everyone today thought that BU was going to win, but like me
I suspect that there was a lot of doubts out there.  The Lakers have
a reputation for winning the big ones, and "any team can beat ANY other
team on a given day."  Witness the Lakers wins over Michign St and
Michigan last weekend.  Again my hats off to BU.

A few comments on the game...

Our radio announcer Bill Crawford (I watched on tv & listened to the radio)
was talking about the referee Shepard and is obvious dislike for the
Lakers.  Anyone care to comment on his officiating of tonights game?
I thought the official did a poor job of last nights game against Clarkson.

There was a unbelievable amount of times that the puck hit the officials.
In fact I can't remember a game in recent history that I've seen it
happen this often.  I might be lopsided here, but it seemed like it
always happened when the Lakers were trying to move the puck up ice.

The radio had on Blaine Lacher (our goalie last year and now playing for
the Boston Bruins) for a interview.  He said that he had watched BU play
5 times this year and he had never seen them play such a organized and
defensive game as they had tonight.  Comments?  Did they play that much
better then they had in regular season and league playoffs?

I was amazed at the lack of penalties, especially for BU.  Does anyone
have a total penalties for the game?  My daughter and I keep score at
all our home games and we haven't seen a game with less then about 27
penalties in a long time.

My hats off to our 5 graduating seniors, Mike Morin, Dan Angelelli, Wayne
Strachan, Brad Willner, and Rob Valicevic.