Sender:
From:
Walter Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 1991 17:16:52 EDT
This item appeared in the 10/10 issue of the Cornell Chronicle. I thought
it migt prove interesting.

"Hockey Challenge: A celebrity hockey challenge pitting former Big Red
 standouts against the (scheduled) likes of Alan Thicke of "Growing Pains",
 Richard Dean Anderson of "MacGiver", Jason Hervey of "The Wonder Years",
 John Saunders of ESPN, and former NHL stars Danny Gare and Brad Park, will be
 held Sat., 10/26 at 7PM at Lynah Rink. The stars will conduct a Sat. AM
 clinic ('hopefully the NHL stars, although I've heard that MacGiver has
 found a way to block a slap shot with a tube of toothpaste and a disposable
 lighter', ed.) and a party will be held in Alberding Field House after the
 game. Tickets, good for all 3 events, are $12 and can be purchased at
 Alberding, Best Western University Inn, DeWitt Mall ticket center, the
 Campus store, and the Collegetown motor lodge. Proceeds benefit athletics."

 Hey guys, it sounds like it beats donkey basketball all to heck !! Plus I
 always knew Brad Park couldn't stay retired. As for Alan Thicke, I'll just
 let the prevailing wisdom comment on his ice time.

 "Why, what would you do if everyone thought that way?"
 "If everyone thought that way I'd be a fool to think different." g. marx

                                                         ... walt ...