Sender:
From:
Bradley Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 1995 10:41:05 -0500
>   BG
> also manages to dodge a bullet at the end of the period when Matt Eldred
> flagrantly hooks a MSU player around the neck (one of the stupidest moves I've
> seen in a long time - and dangerous too).  I don't know what explanation went
> on, but not only did BG escape the major (or DQ) - they didn't even call a
> penalty (hopefully someone can explain this one someday to me?!?)

I was at the game watching in one of the suites which had the direct
Prime Network feed and being that the refs had microphines I was able to
hear the conversation that went on.  Shegos said that yes the BG player
did have his stick high but that the MSU player was holding on and that
he saw it as a no call situation.  He then individually asked each
linesman if they saw anything different and they both said no.  Now
whether or not this is right I don't know but there's the explanation
right from Shegos himself.

Brad Carlson
U Mich
GO BLUE!