Sender:
From:
David DeWayne Bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 18:23:02 -0500
  I'm responding to the comments made by Curtis Fry and Alan Harder
concerning only regular season champs being the only ones going to the
Stanley Cup or the college tournament.  I would have to agree with
Curtis.  Let's use Michigan as an example.  They won the regular season
and received their bid to the NCAA's.  I feel that if a team such as
Bowling Green would beat Michigan in something as important as the CCHA
championship game, then the Falcons deserve a spot in the national
tournament by winning such a big game against the #1 ranked Wolverines.
I totally disagree with the notion of getting rid of conference
tournaments.

  Alan said something about the regular season meaning more than a short
series such as playoffs.  I feel that the playoffs are just as if not
more important than the regular season.  If an NHL team beats the
division champ in the playoffs, that is showing that the champion team
couldn't hold up and win something as big that would get them into a
position to win something as big as the Stanley Cup.  I believe that
scenario is the exact same thing in college hockey.  Just my $.02 worth.

Holzinger for Hobey Baker!!!Go BG!!!!!