Sender:
From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 15:42:15 EST
>Posted on 10 Mar 1995 at 01:18:04 by Carl Sussman
>
>Re: In defense of Mike Parsons

>You said you don't understand why Parsons did not play up to his potential agai
>nst Clarkson (twice).  For me, that is the whole point.  Does Parsons have grea
>t potential?  Indubitably so.  But sometimes he's just not there;and that seems
>to happen disproportionately in big games.  I like Mike Parsons--I respect his
>abillities and what he does for Brown.  But he is just to inconsistent to be co
>nsidered as the best goalie in the league.  On any given night maybe, but not e
>very night.

Of course, I never said Parsons was the best goalie in the league. What
I implied was that he is one of the best goalies in the league. He
did all that was asked of him this year, after backing up All-ECAC
goalie Geoff Finch for two years. In general Brown got good goaltending
this year. The second-place finish speaks for itself. No low scoring
team, as Brown has been this year, would finish that high without good
goaltending.

Since I've been disagreeing with Carl so much lately, I'd like to add that
I loved the piece he wrote for today's edition of the Brown Daily Herald.
The article has to do with the steady improvement of the Brown program
since Bob Gaudet arrived at Brown in the 1988-89 season. Carl's article
pays a deserved tribute to Gaudet's work.

Luiz F. Valente