Sender:
From:
"Charles A. Baldwin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 1995 14:05:00 -0500
OK all: the replies received re Tripp Tracy were exactly why I prefaced
the initial message with a "don't laugh" warning. I certainly don't think
he is a First-Team All-ECAC goalie. He may deserve an honorable mention
though. Yes he flopped a lot...but when do stats mean anything? Maybe
never, but I put forward Tripp as an instance of maybe when they could...

Does this mean I'm backing down on my original post? No...

BTW: Geoff H. posted regarding Harvard goalies in general, pointing out that
only Grant Blair was the only one of the lot in the last eleven years to
receive ECAC recognition. Yes, none of them have gone anywhere much, but I
think you probably can find that with a lot of other goaltenders [OK this is an
assumption on my part -- can't think of any offhand]. Some of them were
excellent: Geoff mentioned Roy and Israel, I'd like to throw in my admiration
for Dickie McEvoy.