Sender:
From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1991 10:33:13 EDT
Ted Weiler says:

>The boards are,... backed by concrete so the boards don't give much.

He's right.  It was determined, I don't know how, that the boards were
too hard.  To soften them up, cuts were sawn into the steel supports to
allow the boards to give a little more on impact.  About the size of
the ice surface, it is the usual NHL size.  I can't remember the numbers.

The first game in the new arena will be against Boston College during
Parents' Fall Weekend.  I'm gad that Clarkson is playing BC, especially
since it is Coach Len Ceglarski's last year.  Ceglarski was coach at
Clarkson for a long time, in the late 60's and early 70's I think.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '91,...