Sender:
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1991 09:46:41 EDT
  Erik writes:

>...consider the band that Clarkson brought to St. Paul last spring.
>They were very enthusiastic and loud, yet they were at only about half
>strength.  Had their entire pep band been there, they could have rivaled
>the Wisconsin bands that have played at the WCHA tournaments in St. Paul.
>What you say about Minnesota's band is, alas, true.

  Thanks Erik.  Truth is, we don't have anything else to do here.  Hockey is
the only sport they the students can be proud of.  It's also pretty easy for
us to be enthusiastic when we were able to upset the teams we did last year
(Wisconsin, Lake Superior State).  Only problem is, this year they wouldn't be
upsets if we win, right?  :*)
  This year will be a tough one with the loss of Casselman (19g-35a-54pts),
Green (21-24-45), Tretowicz (4-32-36), and Trombley (31-38-69).  My schoolmates
may not agree with me, but Tretowicz was the backbone to the Golden Knight
defense, and Scott Thomas will need to improve his numbers (28-14-42) to fill
Dave Trombley's skates.
  Another factor to Clarkson's year, aside from the new arena, may actually be
the opening game (October 26 vs. Boston College).  The last couple of years,
they played Canadian schools and soundly beat them.  It was a good morale
booster, not to mention a good source for offensive stats.  A tough game
against the Eagles may prove to be the start of an interesting season.

						Rick Newhall
						Clarkson University '93