Sender:
From:
Fred Flintstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1991 18:36:16 EDT
David,
	I believe the ice surface is about 5 to 10 feet longer and about
10-15 feet wider. This is just off the top of my head. I'm sure the other
Clarksonians will correct me, if not I will go find out. The arena seats
over 3,000, with almost 600 student section seats and a couple hundred
standing room.
	The arena is devoted to hockey (i.e no obstructed views, non-
removable boards). They do however have insulated boards that will be
able to be placed over the ice surface to support other functions with
out damaging the ice surface.
	I believe there are something like 4 lockerrooms, a weight-training
rooms, and some other facilities in the "basement". The benches follow the
"NCAA setup" that is the benches face each other with the timekeepers box
and the penalty boxes on the same side as the Clarkson bench. The boards
themselves are very high so that the players can play the puck off them
without fear of it going into the crowd. The boards are, I believe, some
kind of steel with a plastic filler to support them and deaden them. They are
backed by concrete so the boards don't give much. The seats are up high so
that everyone can see the action.
	If you, or anyone else, has any questions I will try to find the
answers.

						Ted Weiler
						Clarkson U. Pep Band '94
						"Let's go KNIGHTS!!!!"