Sender:
From:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1991 10:32:14 CDT
Well bad news for Minnesota fans.  The Badger Herald reported that the
switch of the Minn-UW game to the Met Center is just the start.  As
you know Minnesota Athletic Director Rick Bay is becoming president
of the Cleveland Indians.  In an unexpected move he is going to take
the entire Minnesota athletic department with him.

Beginning next January the Case Western Gophers will be unveiled.
No word on whether Gopher ticket holders will be able to get
comparable seats in the Case Western Forum.

Personally I don't think the news is as bad as it sounds.  Despite what Dan
says I think the Gopher clutch and gab tactics will work well in the
CCHA.  The other important thing to note is that academic credentials from
Minnesota will be much more meaningful in the future.  No one ever takes a
degree from a jock school like UM seriously.  Consider Oxford, Heidelburg,
and U. of Chicago.  Do they have big time hockey programs?  No way!

Let's keep discussing the important issues facing college hockey.  Next
topic: pink hockey tape---New Age fad or the end of civilization.

Your faithful reporter,

mark grassl				[log in to unmask]
Go Badgers, Twins, Packers!
"It's a joke, I say, a joke, son."  --- F. Leghorn