Sender:
From:
Geoff Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 09:25:22 -0400
Just a clarification (or an attempt). Adam Wodon writes
"St. Louis waited a year for Perrin to enter college so he could
go in with him."

This often-mentioned tidbit from the UVM media guide isn't quite
true, according to St. Louis. Martin is five months older then
Eric and in the same hockey age group, but was one year ahead
of Eric in school. It was Martin's reluctance to jump straight
from Midget AAA to college hockey that enabled them to enter
UVM at the same time (Ryan Hughes and Joe Juneau are two who
bypassed minor junior). In addition (and Jeff Schulman may
be able to confirm this), I assume that Martin was still
studying for his C.E.G.E.P. in the extra year - actually,
maybe not; since he was playing minor junior in Ontario
instead of Quebec. In any case, Martin told me in November
that he didn't 'wait' for Eric. I guess the note in the
media guide is one of the very few mistakes that UVM
SID Maria McClelland has made- she's a great addition to
the school.

Geoff Howell
The Trenton Times
Drop the Puck