Sender:
From:
"John W. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 17:36:48 EST

> Here's who would make it..
>
> Maine, Boston U, and New Hampshire from Hockey East
> Michigan, Bowling Green, Michigan State and LSSU from the CCHA
> Colorado College Denver, and Minnesota from the WCHA
> Clarkson and Vermont from the ECAC

I'm curious as to why everyone likes Minn and Denver so much
but gives Wisconsin little attention.  Last time I looked,
they were only 1 point behind Denver and MN.  Taking 3 out
of their last four games could sneak them into 2nd inthe
WCHA.

I'm certainly not trying to snub MN or DU, they are equally
fine teams (their records show it) but....I've noticed this
in the polls also.  I believe DU is around 7 while MN is 8.
Yet, UW is barely in the top 15.

Remember, a lot of people picked them around 6th this year.
I figured 4th (or even 3rd with a little luck).  They don't
have any big scorers and goaltending has been shakey, although
that seems to be coming around.

Well, these next two weekends will have a lot to say.  Actually,
this wwekend will be huge.  I'm figuring a lot of DU fans are
ready to jump on me in the event of a DU sweep (Bob Johnson
forbid).

later
jd
on wisCAHNsin