Sender:
From:
Brandon Carper Is A Donut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 18:25:51 -0500
With all of the Hobey discussions going on, I figured I'd toss in my two
cents.  Having watched Holzinger all season, I'd have to say that he's
clearly one of the best college players in the country.  As for the best,
I don't really know.  He's had an amazing season.  I, personally, think
that at this point, he's the best player in the CCHA, but keep in mind two
things:

1)  I've seen him play in almost every game this year.

2)  I'm a fan, and I go to the same school.

So obviously, my views are bound to be a little bit biased.  There are a
couple players around the conference who are almost as good.  (Or, they
may be as good.  I haven't seen them play as much.)  Morrison from UMich
comes to mind.  I really can't comment on the other conferences, as I
really haven't seen a lot of the top players outside of the CCHA.

The one thing that scares me about Holzinger and the Hobey is the
presence of the Woof Gods.  If they have anything to do with Hobey
selection, Holzinger won't even be in the Top Five....

Dan Lee   **    Bowling Green State University   **   [log in to unmask]
BGSU Hockey:   19-9-2, 14-7-2 CCHA          Friday/Sunday at Ohio State
Xavier Basketball:  21-3, 12-0 MCC          Feb 23 vs Illinois-Chicago
       "Is this the future or is this...how it will end?"
                          --Pop Will Eat Itself, "eveything's cool?"