Sender:
From:
James Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 1991 13:12:36 EDT
....from the TEAM USA schedule posted earlier today:

> Dec. 7*  Canadian National Team  <at>   Knickerbocker Arena, Albany NY
> The above game will be broadcast on US national TV, thanks to CBS-TV

  Will this game be broadcast live ??  A recent story in the Washington "Post"
reported that CBS had signed Stormin' Norman Swartzkoff to host/co-narrate
that evening a 2-3 hour retrospective documentary commemorating (??) the 50th
anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.  Even if the game is
scheduled for an early afternoon start (since 7 December is a Saturday), I
can't imagine CBS pre-empting some lucrative CFA football match to show an
*exhibition* hockey game.  Events may prove me wrong (I hope), but I'm not
holding my breath.  Maybe we can convince Mr. Ronald Z. Greedy, Head of
Programming for the Marginal Coverage Sports Network (MCSN - "Not available
in your Area") to program the game as lead-in for MegaPro-Car-Crushing-
Monster-Trucks-Super-Goon-Grudge-Death-Cage-Match-On-ICE .... :-)

Jim
Go 'Cats