Sender:
From:
Jeff Przech <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 1995 21:13:35 +0000
You know, in my first couple of days on this list, I've noticed lots of Beanpot talk. But it
seems that a majority of it is pro-BU. Surprise everyone, BC is in the finals! I personally had
no doubt that the Eagles would get past Harvard. I also knew that a 4 goal lead would not be
safe. In the end Greg Taylor, as is his custom, made just enough saves as he had to. He's given
up 1 goal and won, he's given up 6 goals and won. It doesn't matter, he gets the job done. As
the hockey writer for BC's newspaper, I have seen every goalie in Hockey East at least once,
some up to three times. There is no doubt that Taylor is the best goalie in the conference.
Though his stats might not stack up, Taylor makes higlight reel saves every game. Anyone who saw
the Harvard game knows that he is capable of putting a crowd in awe.
     In addition, I feel that BC has a legitimate shot to repeat. Of course many will disagree
with this assertion but that's just fine. Yes, BU swept us recently. But since then, BC has run
off four wins in a row, among them Lowell and Harvard. The team has started to gel now and Coach
Jerry York has four lines that are quite cohesive. BC has picked its physical play and
forechecking recently, leading to a lot of opponent mistakes. BU will provide a big test in more
ways than one. BU is a large team, with Mike Grier leading the bulk, but BC will not be
intimidated. Ask Jerry Buckley of BC about that. (For those who don't know, Buckley and Grier
had an altercation last time the two met leading to game DQs and one game suspensions for each.)
     A lot depends on BC's game with UNH this weekend. UNH is a very good team and the way BC
plays against them will greatly influence their performance next Monday. However, God and
Jesuits willing, Taylor, Don Chase, David Hymovitz, Tom Ashe and company will do just fine - and
just might take the final lap around the GArden themselves.

     BC LINE CHART
LW Ryan Haggerty 9   LW Rob Laferriere 10  LW Brian Callahan 15   LW Clifton McHale 28
 C Don Chase 23        C Jim Krayer 11       C Rob Canavan 27      C Mike McCarthy 21
RW David Hymovitz 18 RW Timmy Lewis 12     RW Jerry Buckley 24    RW Toby Harris 19

D Greg Callahan 22    D Brad Carlson 3
D Tom Ashe 2          D David Wainwright 6
D Peter Masters 5     D Ken Hemenway 4

G Greg Taylor 29
G Josh Singewald 35
G Mike Correia 1