Sender:
From:
David Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 1995 12:42:18 EST
Being a past member of The Michigan Tech Pep Band I would like to
thank everyone for their positive comments on the band.  In fact Michigan
Tech does not have a music program, so most of the students are engineering
majors who just like to play.  The fact that there isn't a music program
I think helps out the pep band.  The reason that bands do not go
to regular season games away has to do with a WCHA rule I believe that
was made due to the Tech band.  A few years back, Tech's Pep Band in
fact used to go to away games, especially Northern Michigan games, but
the opposing schools, did not like the band, thought we were too annoying
so the WCHA made a rule banning the visiting team from having a Pep Band
at the game, during the regular season, but the playoffs the bands
can travel to.

      Dave