Sender:
From:
Thomas Rowe - Stevens Point <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 1995 12:17:44 -0500
This is going to be unpopular with some people, but I believe the posting to
HOCKEY-L has gotten out of hand a little.  Specifically I refer to Div II,
Div III, and ACHL postings.

Note that I am at a Division III school and I follow those results avidly.
However, there is a mailing list for that:
and I subscribe to that one as well.  All too often results and postings to
that list get echoed to Hockey-L.  If fans are interested in Div III scores
they should subscribe to the hockey3 list.

As for the hockey club leagues, there needs to be a separate list for that
group if it does not exist.  And, even if it doesn't exist, it would make
more sense to me to put that out on hockey3 than Hockey-L.  Hockey-L should
be largely reserved for issues that impact Div I ice hockey and peripheral
issues such as scores and happenings from lower divisions should only rarely
appear here.

Just an opinion.  Hope no one is offended.

Tom Rowe                                 Internet:  [log in to unmask]

Department of Psychology                 ***********************************
U. of Wisconsin - Stevens Point          Home of Division III National
     Go Point!                           Champions '89, '90, '91, & '93