Sender:
From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 1994 08:47:32 -0700
        The Czech Republic completely domiated Russia last night as they
shut them out 7-0 in a very chippy game.  There were a number of near
fights as well as numerous slashing and roughing penalties.  This looked
like a North American game.
        I cannot provide a scoring summary because the program available
did not specify numbers for either team.  The bad sound system, and the
names, made even the goals difficult to pick up.  However, except for
brief spurts, the Czechs were in control throughout and look like a
strong team going into the tournament beginning Dec. 26.
        The Czech team faces the US at Lacombe on Friday.  This should be
a good test for both teams.  The Edmonton Journal reported this morning
that the Russians only arrived in Spruce Grove for the game late Monday
night after a 24 hour journey from Switzerland where they played another
exhibition.

        Prior to starting my posts here I asked if people wanted to be
updated on the Junior tournament on this list.  Every response, until
yesterday, was affirmative.  I do not want to take up bandwidth here if
people feel these reports are inappropriate.  Please respond by private
e-mail.  I will report on the response to the list, and cease posting if
these reports do not belong here.
        Also, I sincerely apologize for airing conflict in this forum
better suited to a private exchange.

Arthur Berman  [log in to unmask]