Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 1994 15:52:30 -0500
As it has already posted, Maine Black Bears extended their unbeaten streak
to 18 games with a 6-1 whipping of St. Cloud St.
Whipping is the only word to really describe the game, St. Cloud tried to
play a physical game, by dumping and chasing.  Maine beat St. Cloud to the
puck time after time.
I was impressed with the way St. Cloud played the body, but they
underestimated the speed of Maine.  Maine normally plays a offensive style
where they slowly dump the puck, and beat the defense to it, but Maine
coupled that with sending the defense in and pinching them as well all
night, and created many great scoring opportunities.  The St. Cloud goalie
had little or no chance on the six goals as Maine used some great playmaking
to set up many easy chances.
Maine was up 5-0 at the end of two periods and coasted home.  St. Cloud
never really go it going.
I've been or listened to every game Maine has played this year, and I
believe that tonight was the best game Maine has played all year.  Their
defense was excellent, and they were skating and breaking without the puck
very well.  The playmaking was great, and dare I say, I saw the similarities
from the championship team tonight.  Looking forward to tonights contest to
see if they can hold the momentum.
| DERON TREADWELL - [log in to unmask] |
|     The Hockey Bears are back in '94!      |
|         M-A-I-N-E  GO BLUE!  12-0-5        |