Sender:
From:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 13:29:29 -0500
On Fri, 16 Dec 1994, Jim Love wrote:

>  Watching Hockey the Renegade Way
>  ================================
> P.S.  The short article concludes by noting that "the hottest (sic :-)
>       ticket at the Richmond Coliseum is in the hot tub at ice level,
>       where the participants are determined for each game by a radio
>       station promotion."

I saw one of the Richmond Renegade games on HTS (local sports network)
and they kept focusing on the people in the hot tub.  They looked like
they were having fun in the beginning, but were looking a little strained
by the end of the game.  I assumed they were being paid to stay in it
because I couldn't help but feel that they must be like prunes by the end
of the game.  The minor pro leagues do lots of publicity stunts to bring
in the crowd.  Colleges don't have to because they don't need to make
money off of their hockey team and the students do the stunts themselves.