Sender:
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 12:30:24 -0400
I'm one of the "mature" (can't bring myself to say "old"), BG fans who remember
the pre-plexiglass days.  In fact, my first hockey game of any type was a
BG-Toledo Blades exhibition in the fall of '69.  My girlfriend at BG had been
writing to me in Navy about this sport that I just had to see, and I knew right
away that I loved the game; the girl wasn't bad either, we were married a year
later.

Anyway, I haven't been in too many CCHA arenas, but I've always found the BG
Ice Arena to be extremely dim. Is it just me or have others noticed it too? On
the other hand, I love going to Yost at UM, where the ice seems to dazzle by
comparison.  Perhaps it's just my aging eyes, but adequate light (or lack
thereof) is the first thing I notice in an arena.

Bob Hall
BG '72