Sender:
From:
Dave 'Louie' LaPlant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 91 15:54:36 PDT
> I was reading some postings about quiet North Dakota, it's true we
> have had our rush of dead animals on the ice.  I remember a game
> against the Gophers 3 dead gophers were thrown out one the ice after
> a goal.  As for the badger i've personally only seen one badger on
> the ice.  From what i saw it took a little effort to get that thing
> over the glass.  Anyother places out there have similar atrocities
> committed at their games? :)
>
> r. alvarez

Let me start out by saying that the trip that I took to North Dakota was one
of the best that I took while in college. We meet up with the Sioux fans,
got invited to their pep rally, and had a great time. Real nice people.
Then, these same people had a wonderful time throwing an obviously newly
killed badger onto the ice.

Throwing dead animals (endangered animals at that) onto the ice has nothing
to do with hockey, or common decency for that matter. I wonder how people
would react if a dead Sioux Indian were thrown out onto the ice. Other than
this disturbing incident, I think Sioux fans are great.

Louie
University of Wisconsin Class of 1988
NCAA Hockey Champions 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990