Sender:
From:
Ted McEnroe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 19:13:00 -0600
>Date:    Tue, 22 Nov 1994 13:00:26 EST
>From:    Michael Albert <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Troy Record Poll
>
>And the guy running the Troy poll claims the other polls are useless because
>this poll is so good?  How can Maine, undefeated so far, not receive any
>first place votes?  How can Brown, undefeated but also rather untested,
>receive any first place votes?  Why is it that Vermont, defeated by Cornell
>and by Dartmouth, is still placing 11th?  And what did BU do to be 1st in
>the country?  I don't know who the polling panel is for the Troy Record,
>but they could use some help!
>
>Mike

So there I was, ready to slam some Maine fan for getting all uptight that
their beloved Black Bears didn't get a first-place vote... 'til I looked at
your address. Hell, I'd agree that Brown didn't deserve their first-place
vote, because, in retrospect, they haven't been tested. But they are
undefeated and untied, which in the end is all that matters, as anyone who
follows college football polls knows.

They'll be tested... and they'll do well, IMHO. The only concern will be if
they can avoid fading by the end of the season as they did in 93-94. Bob
Gaudet gets the most out of his players... but by the end of last season,
they were a tired, banged-up team.

But, hey, I suffered through every game of their '85-86 campaign when they
went 1-23-0, I believe, so I've got to run and call everyone I can think of
from Harvard.

Ted McEnroe, Brown '89, '92