Sender:
From:
Bill Schneller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 1994 15:34:06 -0400
Comments:
A VAX cluster with VMS V5.5-2, PMDF V4.2-10, JNET V3.6 & MU V3.2
Some additional thoughts on the new and improved PC
Friars after the 7-5 win last night over Union.
Ron Correia has already posted the box and his thoughts
on the team. I'll just add my $.02.

- It was a good early season game.  Both teams were
sloppy at times and missed some excellent scoring
chances.  It will be interesting to see how PC handles
a closer checking, low scoring contest.

- Union was a gutsy team.  They didn't pack up early,
twice erasing 3 goal deficits, cutting them to one,
only to have Brady Kramer again score.

- In a pre-season preview I had mentioned Kramer as
being underrated. I was therefore very happy to see him
put up a 4 goal, 5 point night!

- The 94-95 emphasis'(emphasises?)in officiating as
noted in postings from other games were evident here
too.  In addition to interference being called early
and often (3x - none blatant,) we saw 4 calls for
"hitting after the whistle" (even though the game
wasn't chippy) and "delay of game" which was called 3x
in less than 1 minute of the second.  Again, there was
nothing obvious and no real delay so I'll assume it was
just some jawing between players.  Perhaps it was
related to the new rule (discussed this summer) that
you can't say anthing disparaging about another player
or his mother.  Let's just hope the officials let them
play.  There's nothing worse than a game where the refs
become the center of attention.

- Lastly, the new PC uniforms.  It's good to know the
PC administration has given Coach Pooley some cash to
help revitalize the program, but these are butt U-G-L-
Y!  The new sweaters and stockings, white with black
pinstripes, are something of a cross between the NY
Yankees and Orlando Magic.  Fortunately the skating
Friar logo has been retained.  All I could think of
looking at the socks was how much they reminded me of
support hose!  Can anyone who saw the Army or Vermont
games describe the road uniforms?  I'll keep my fingers
crossed those are more traditional.

--Bill